Falkirk 1 Dundee United 3

Dundee United produced a second-half comeback to raid Falkirk for three precious points.

After trailing at half-time to a Darryl Duffy strike, United hit back after Barry Robson's header went in off Matt Glennon and late strikes from Peter Canero and Collin Samuel sealed it.

It was a breathtaking opening 10 minutes, and two uncertain defences only added to the entertainment value.

Grant Brebner struck a post in the opening minute with Matt Glennon well beaten but, within two minutes, Falkirk had moved in front.

Derek Stillie could not hold a netbound shot from Russell Latapy, and Duffy pounced on the rebound to lash home his fifth goal of the season.

Falkirk then had a strong penalty claim waved away when David McCracken wrapped his legs around Duffy as he homed in on goal.

But United had their moments too. Glennon did well to fingertip a Peter Canero shot over the crossbar and Brebner had the ball in the net only for his celebrations to be cut short by a linesman's flag.

Both sides were prone to errors, and Stillie did not look at his most comfortable at dealing with a long-range effort from Alan Gow which he grabbed at the second attempt.

But it was Glennon to Falkirk's rescue after 29 minutes when he stretched to fingertip a ship from Mark Kerr on to his post after United's best move of the half.

Duffy had a chance to double his account four minutes from the break after Latapy sent him clear, but Stillie was aleart to the danger and saved at his feet.

Remarkably, United hit the woodwork for the third time in the first half. Glennon was beaten by a Canero header and relieved to see it hit the post.

But United had a major break two minutes into the second half when Robson headed a Brebner cross against the crossbar and it bounced off Glennon into the net.

It was just what United needed, and with Falkirk posing little threat up front in the second half, they took the game by the scruff of the neck.

When Glennon punched out a Robson cross after 72 minutes, Canero was alert to send a controlled volley into the net.

It was all over for Falkirk eight minutes from time when Jim McIntyre headed on an Alan Archibald through ball and substitute Samuel lobbed Glennon for the killer third against his former club.