Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Falkirk 1

Adam Rooney's late equaliser deservedly earned Caley Thistle a share of the points in the proverbial game of two halves in the Highlands capital.

Chances were few and far between in a first half where Falkirk were effective in nullifying a lack-lustre Inverness side.

It wasn't until the 19th minute that the game produced its first real opportunity and it resulted in the opening goal.

Neil McCann's cross wasn't dealt with by the home defence and the ball eventually fell to Michael Higdon who, from 12 yards out, hooked it beyond a static Ryan Esson.

Caley Thistle's response to falling behind was limited to a Don Cowie effort that skidded a yard wide of the post after Iain Vigurs had picked him out inside the box.

The visitors were playing by far the more fluent football and should have gone further in front ten minutes before the interval.

Higdon out-muscled David Proctor to get on the end of a throughball but, having done the hard bit, he proceeded to send his volley from six yards out wide of the goal.

In response to Caley Thistle's poor showing in the opening 45 minutes, manager Craig Brewster sent on his strike duo of Andrew Barrowman and Rooney for Garry Wood and Vigurs respectively in an attempt to finally threaten the Bairns defence.

But despite switching to two upfront, still Inverness failed to test a nervous looking Scott Flinders in the Falkirk goal.

In a final throw of the dice, veteran winger Barry Wilson came on for Cowie, yet they still could not prise open the visitors rearguard, despite several half-chances.

With ten minutes remaining, however, Inverness got the equaliser their efforts deserved. Wilson's cross saw Flinders produce yet another piece of erratic goalkeeping and, even though Ian Black could only force the ball onto the crossbar, Rooney was in the right place at the right time to bundle it home.

Ross Tokely had a late opportunity to win it for Caley Thistle, but he couldn't quite direct his header towards goal with Flinders once again caught in no-man's land, before Wilson passed up a chance in stoppage time from close range.